|Job Title||Job Category||Department/Group||Job Code/Req #|
|Program Manager||Lead||Experience Depot/Training||N/A|
|Location||Travel Required||Level/Salary Range||Position Type|
|Upland||Local||$43,000-46,000||Full Time/32 Hours a Week|
Role and Responsibilities
The Experience Depot/Training Program manager is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, coordinating, and evaluating Experience depot and Training programs. The program manager will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure all programming and training are trauma informed and align with the mission of Warrior for Children.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have an Associates degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major coursework in recreation administration, leisure services, physical education, public or business administration, nonprofit administration, or a related field is highly desirable.
- Have two (2) or more years of increasingly responsible experience in parks and recreation type job duties as listed above. Supervisory/leadership experience required. Event planning experience preferred.
- The Program manager must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. You must have a passion for working with children and youth who are navigating difficult situations. They must also be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- The Program manager must have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- The Program Manager must have a desire to learn about various trauma informed support services and how to implement them within our Warrior population.
- The Program manager must demonstrate exemplary communication skills and a desire to work closely with various coaches, instructors, and presenters.
- Possess or able to obtain, certifications in CPR, 1st Aid, and AED within 2 months of appointment and continually maintain thereafter.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Insurance at appointment and continually maintain thereafter.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate degree or higher preferred but experience will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task, be a team player, be flexible, adaptable, and an ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, Bilingual a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to access a wide range of sources and networks for information.
- Good judgement and the ability to function independently.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy.
- Employee must be able lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasional loading and unloading of resources is required.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all our trauma informed small group experiences.
- Oversee the Warrior for Children trauma-informed training program.
- Oversee our mentorship and internship programs.
- Connect with community members to develop and provide small group experiences throughout the year.
- Connect with community members to develop and provide trauma informed trainings several times a month.
- Provide ongoing supervision and support to mentors and interns.
About Warrior for Children
Warrior for Children is a non-profit organization that supports children, youth, and transitional age foster youth navigating trauma. Our mission at Warrior for Children is to be a voice for the voiceless, light in the darkness, and difference makers for the broken-hearted littles of the world. Warrior for Children does this by providing tangible resources, trauma-informed education, and trauma informed small group relational experiences to Warriors navigating trauma.